Saturday, June 6, 2015

Wire Hanger

Lama x update, banyak je cerita tapi x tertulis kat sini.
So lately ade penulisan esaimen yg x berape esaimen, so aku nak share la kat sini.
Cite ne cite betul tapi ade ejas2 sikit nak tambah perisa. hahahax



Assignment 2 (Essay Writing)
Write a narrative essay about a memory of someone or something that had an influence on you when you were younger.
             It is 1st of May and I am having my day off. I thought of relaxing and lazing for this one whole day. Instead, I found myself going through this old dusty wardrobe. A collection of old and underutilised clothes are neatly hanging. Most of the clothes are the clothes that I can no longer fit in, or something that I no longer have interest in. Well, fashion fades. Leaving them untouched while they are still in good condition invited a surge of regret to fill in my heart.
           “Haha..Nah..I’ll let other people to wear you guys”. I decide to spring clean the wardrobe. I take all the hanging clothes and gradually pile them on the nearest bed in the room. As I take the clothes for the third round, something hard fell on my right foot. I look and found a green neglected worn-out wire hanger. The wire is all out of place yet it is still recognisable. I put the clothes down and pick the hanger from my feet. I laugh. I have been using plastic and wooden hanger for all this while then how come this odd one ends up in my place?
            Yes, it is my hanger, or to be exact the hanger used by my late mother. She might be bringing her own hangers when she came to my house last time. She might forget to take one of them back. Holding the hanger at that moment bring up some childhood memory into my mind. My late mother had a number of this kind of hangers. She had them in blue, red, yellow and green and she regularly used them to hang our clothes indoor or outside our house. As far as I remember, I couldn’t locate any other hanger of different materials. I think back then, my mother wouldn’t want to use plastic or wooden hanger maybe because they are a little pricey.
As I grow up, I later discovered the other use of the hanger. They were special in a way they serve more than just for hanging purposes. I could say that my siblings learnt a lot just because of the hanger used by our mother. How?
Our mother regularly used to hit us with the wire hanger. It was painful. The pain stung and sometimes we could spot some red marks on our skin. The hitting usually occurred when did something that we know “we should not do” or something that “we have been told not to do”. Children being children, we could not help by breaking about some rules. The hanger first hit my palm when I was in Year 3. I came back late from school. I was out late playing marbles with my friends. I straight away hit my bed because I was so tired. The moment I opened my eyes from my sleeping, I saw my mom standing next to my bed.
“Where have you been, Anis?” asked mother while she took my left hand.
Before I could barely answer, the stinging pain hit my left palm. Another one landed on the same place before I found myself crying. Mother said, “One for getting home late, and another for not performing your Asar prayer.”
My brothers and sisters had also encountered almost the same hanger experience. My mother ever chased after us while holding the wire hanger. She never stopped until she managed to have us in her hand. Sometimes, when we are asked to recite Quran, she used the wire hanger to point at certain place in the Quran. She also will hit the floor when we mispronounced some letters or words. At first, we thought our mother was being mean and witchy.
We got back home early, prayed and dutifully reciting the Quran because we feared our mother and the hanger. As time passed by, we noticed that the hanger was slowly missing until it is finally gone. We learnt that we were first we did as what our mother say because of our fear of being hit. The fear however grown into something called “respect”. Even without the presence of the wire hanger, we were still conformed to what she asked us to do. Now that she has gone, we still dutifully able to do things like she said. We realised that the wire hanger experience is to make us realize of certain things like the do’s and don’ts in life. The wire hanger is still kept safe in our memory.
I put back the hanger back to its place. This hanger is so special in a way It teacher us life lessons.









No comments:

The Bebel Darling.

My photo
A dreamer. Talk shits. Care back double to those who cares. Like EVERYTHING sweet, but not ready for diabetes.
 

The Bebelance. Design by Insight © 2009